How to find a Detox Diet which will support the natural body detoxification process...
You know the feeling..?
Waking up in the morning - bad taste in the mouth, eyes caked... heavy feeling... not really ready for anything.
After a strong coffee... maybe a cigarette?... you get that system going.
Off to work? ... Traffic jam... Stress and... wow... really bad mood.
This is a good time to make some CHANGES!
Detoxification definition -
"Detoxification is one of the more widely used treatments and concepts in alternative medicine. It is based on the principle that illnesses can be caused by the accumulation of toxic substances (toxins) in the body (blood). Eliminating existing toxins and avoiding new toxins are essential parts of the healing process."
The body's natural detoxification is achieved by removing impurities from the blood in the liver, where toxins are processed for elimination.
The body naturally eliminates toxins through the kidneys, intestines, lungs, lymph and skin.
When this system is compromised, impurities cannot be properly filtered and every cell in the body is adversely affected.
Common symptoms alleviated by detox:
* Aching joints and muscles
* Susceptibility to infections
* Respiratory difficulties
* Digestive problems
* Mental fogginess
* Inability to concentrate
We are constantly exposed to toxins from our environment and internal toxins produced as by-products of our digestive and metabolic processes... and excessive life styles.
Toxic and unwanted chemicals are found in our food, water and air in the form of fertilizers, pesticides, heavy metals and other pollutants.
However... most of us take in more toxins than we can eliminate... this is when chronic toxicity occurs...
Most chronic illnesses are the result of a this toxicity.
We begin to manifest symptoms of toxicity and our organs are weakened. The process of eliminating unwanted substances from the body at the cellular level addresses and corrects this imbalance.
A detox program can help the body's natural cleaning process by:
"Detoxification works because it addresses the needs of individual cells, the smallest units of human life,"
Benefits of Detoxification
* A feeling of revitalization
* Increased energy, vitality and stamina
* Increased immunity and resistance to infections and illness
* Reduced allergy symptoms
* Metabolic balancing for weight control
* Weight loss
* Improved digestive functions
* Reduction in fluid retention and uric acid
* Enhanced liver function
* Better circulation and balanced blood levels of cholesterol
* Reduced joint aches and pains; increased joint mobility
* Reduced risk for many chronic diseases
* Improved sleep patterns and feeling rested and refreshed
* Heightened mental clarity, focus, concentration and memory
* Promotion of stable moods, emotional balance and wellbeing
* Greater sense of peace and calm
* Rejuvenation on all levels
It is unrealistic to eliminate external toxins completely, but we can support the body in its natural function of body detox so that it is better able to cope with the daily stresses of modern life and establish a higher level of health.
First, try lighten up the toxin intake.
Another deterrent to good health is stress, which triggers your body to release stress hormones into your system.
So it's a good idea to detox stressful life situations along with detoxifying your body.
Make a Change in Diet - a Healthy Diet helps the Body Detox
For the ultimate Detox... try Fasting!